Submit your calendar items and notices to email@example.com
• Free after-school programming will be offered by United World College faculty and students to Las Vegas youth. Aprender Jugando: From 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. Tuesdays at the Old Town Mission. Learn Spanish through games. Open to ages 5-12, for any Spanish level. Homework Help: From 4 to 5:30 p.m. every Wednesday at Travelers Café. UWC students can help with homework in any subject for any grade level. Las Vegas Children’s Chorus: From 4 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Town Mission. Ages 6-12. Gay Straight Alliance: From 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Town Mission, 1413 Chavez St., next to lower campus of Rio Gallinas School. Open to teens who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning or allies. It is a safe space for teens who have questions or need support. Contact Sharon Seto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 454-4206.
• The Las Vegas Total Community Approach Program is available to help anyone with a drug and alcohol problem get the help and treatment they need. The program provides free drug and alcohol evaluations and help paying for treatment for anyone who qualifies. To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 454-8151.
• Fourth Judicial District Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers. The local CASA program is taking applications for volunteers to work with children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Children are in state custody and living in foster care. Call 454-0223 or visit CASA office at 1308 Grant St.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service operates from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Rides are provided in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishments to your home, for service call 429-0336.
• The Guidance and Counseling Program of New Mexico Highlands University is offering counseling services to the community this semester. Call 454-3564. The counseling is confidential, free and supervised by the training professor of the Guidance and Counseling Program. The sessions are offered on Thursdays between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
• Al-Anon Meetings for family and friends of alcoholics or problem drinkers take place in Faith Hall, behind St. Paul’s Peace Church, Eighth and National, at 5:45 p.m. on Mondays and noon on Fridays for an hour. For information, call 425-6901.
• The Las Vegas Police Department is requesting assistance from business owners to update the department’s emergency contacts. They request all local businesses to fill out an after hours contact form, available at the station and on the city’s website.