Submit your calendar items and notices to email@example.com
• The San Miguel Unit of the American Red Cross helps with any natural disaster and house fires. Persons interested in becoming a member are asked to contact Contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224. Meetings are held every third Thursday at 6 p.m. in Faith Hall.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service operates from 8 p.m. to 2 a.m. on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Rides are provided in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishments to your home, for service call 429-0336.
• The Guidance and Counseling Program of New Mexico Highlands University is offering free counseling services to the community this semester. The counseling is provided by graduate students in the final phase of their training in the profession of counseling. The counseling is confidential, free and supervised by a training professor of the program. The sessions are offered on Thursdays between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. For more information or to make an appointments, call 454-3564.
• The Las Vegas Total Community Approach Program is available to help anyone with a drug and alcohol problem get the help and treatment they need. The program provides free drug and alcohol evaluations and help paying for treatment for anyone who qualifies. For more information, call 454-8151.
• Fourth Judicial District Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers. The local CASA program is taking applications for volunteers. Call CASA at 454-0223 or visit CASA office to work with children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Children are in state custody and living in foster care. Call CASA at 454-0223 or visit CASA office.
• Lions Club Glasses Collection Boxes are at the following locations. Banks: Southwest Capital, Community First, Douglas Ave and Legion Park; Wells Fargo; State Employees Credit Union. Opticians’ offices: Wal-Mart, Eye Associates, Mills Ave; Insight Optical, Highway 518. Also at Shoes ‘n Boots, Seventh Street then donated to charity groups serving those in need around the world.
• The Children’s Workshop is offering free child development screenings. To schedule an appointment, call 426-1760 or 454-0348.