Submit your calendar items and notices to email@example.com
• Free after-school programming will be offered by United World College faculty and students to Las Vegas youth. Aprender Jugando: From 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. Tuesdays at the Old Town Mission. Learn Spanish through games. Open to ages 5 to 12, for any Spanish level. Homework Help: From 4 to 5:30 p.m. every Wednesday at Travelers Café. UWC students can help with homework in any subject for any grade level. Las Vegas Children’s Chorus: From 4 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Town Mission. Ages 6 to 12. Gay Straight Alliance: From 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Town Mission, 1413 Chavez St., next to lower campus of Rio Gallinas School. Open to teens who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning, or allies. It will be a safe space for teens who have questions or need support. Contact Sharon Seto at firstname.lastname@example.org or 454-4206.
• The Las Vegas Total Community Approach Program is available to help anyone with a drug and alcohol problem get the help and treatment they need. The program provides free drug and alcohol evaluations and help with paying for treatment for anyone who qualifies. To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 454-8151.
• The Guidance and Counseling Program of New Mexico Highlands University is offering counseling services to the community this semester. Call 454-3564. The counseling is confidential, free and supervised by the training professor of the Guidance and Counseling Program. The sessions are offered on Thursdays between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
• The Las Vegas Police Department is requesting assistance from business owners to update the department’s emergency contacts. They are requesting all local businesses to fill out an after hours contact form, available at the station and on the city’s website.
• The city of Las Vegas Utilities Department has re-opened its utility payment center at City Hall at 1700 North Grand Ave. Hours are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The center is for payments only.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service operates from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Rides are provided in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishments to your home, for service call 429-0336.
• The Children’s Workshop is offering free child development screenings. The schedule an appointment, call 426-1760 or 454-0348.
• Al-Anon Meetings for family and friends of alcoholics or problem drinkers take place in Faith Hall, behind St. Paul’s Peace Church, Eighth and National, at 5:45 p.m. on Mondays and noon on Fridays for an hour. For information, call 425-6901.