Submit your calendar items and notices to email@example.com
• Lions Club Glasses Collection Boxes are at the following locations. Banks: Southwest Capital, Community First, Douglas Ave and Legion Park; Wells Fargo; State Employees Credit Union. Opticians’ offices: WalMart, Eye Associates, Mills Ave; Insight Optical, Highway 518. Also at Shoes ‘n Boots, Seventh Street. Used glasses are repaired then donated to charity groups serving those in need around the world.
• Robertson High School Class of 1963 is having its 50th reunion in
September in Las Vegas, Nev. It will be held in conjunction with the classes of 1949 through 1983. For more information, email Mary (Schuler) Fontaine at firstname.lastname@example.org or Betty (Mills) Gazaway at email@example.com.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service operates from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Rides are provided in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishments to your home, for service call 429-0336.
• The Las Vegas Total Community Approach Program is available to help anyone with a drug and alcohol problem get the help and treatment they need. The program provides free drug and alcohol evaluations and help paying for treatment for anyone who qualifies. For more information, call 454-8151.
• Fourth Judicial District Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers. The local CASA program is taking applications for volunteers to work with children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Children are in state custody and living in foster care. Call CASA at 454-0223 or visit CASA office.
• The Children’s Workshop is offering free child development screenings. To schedule an appointment, call 426-1760 or 454-0348.
• The Las Vegas unit of the American Red Cross helps individuals who have suffered a house fire plus engages in other emergency activities. Meetings are one Tuesday evening a month at 6 p.m. Contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.