Submit your calendar items and notices to firstname.lastname@example.org
• The Las Vegas Total Community Approach Program is available to help anyone with a drug and alcohol problem get the help and treatment they need. The program provides free drug and alcohol evaluations and help with paying for treatment for anyone who qualifies. To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 454-8151.
• The Children’s Workshop is offering free child development screenings. The schedule an appointment, call 426-1760 or 454-0348.
• Las Vegas City Schools has a new Dress Code with lots of changes. A copy is available on the district’s website (www.cybercardinal.com) or at the Central Office, the office of the Director for Instruction at Robertson’s Patio Building, or at Wal-Mart.Call 454-5700.
• An account has been set-up for Ernest G. Martinez “Fat Man” and for Frances Quintero who are hospitalized and in need of help for medical expenses. Donations may be taken at Wells Fargo Bank under Ernesto G. Martinez #5415 1001 N. Commerce St., Las Vegas.
• Las Vegas Juvenile Justice Continuum Board meets at 3:30 p.m. on the 4th Thursday of the month at the CYFD office on Ridgerunner Road. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Yolanda at 617-0483 or Teresa at 425-3543.
• San Miguel County Family and Community Health Council meets at 10 a.m. on the fourth Tuesday of the month at the Public Health Office on Gallegos Road. The meeting is open to the public. For more information, call Yolanda at 617-0483.