Submit your calendar items and notices to email@example.com
• Habitat for Humanity in Las Vegas is about to start a new house. They build affordable homes for low-income families. If you are interested in helping with the next house (or in some other way), contact them at 454-4434 or habitatlv @gmail.com. They are looking for volunteers of any skill level.
• All Ages Playgroup at Vida Encantada. A free activity for kids, ages zero to 18, where they will be able to play with other kids and build relationships with our Older Friends at Vida Encantada. Every Monday at 3 p.m. Parents must attend with their children and may bring toys/ activities to share. Contact Etirsa Gamez at 505-510-0185 or Shena Galla 505-425-9362.
• Samaritan House Thrift Store has new hours: Monday through Friday; the store will be open for sales and to receive donations from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. On Saturdays, personnel will receive donations from 2 p.m. to 5 p.m.
• Volunteers needed for Biblioteca de David Cargo located in El Valle Community Center. Plans for the library consist of combining a children’s corner and adult section for lending out reading materials. Volunteering will consist of alphabetizing and sorting books into categories and checking books out. The amount of time volunteering is up to you. Call Deb Seavey the 429-2440 or debseavey @wildblue.net or leave a message at 421-0808.
• Brain Injury Support Group, meets at 1 p.m. first Thursday of the month at El Centro Medical Clinic, 1235 Eighth St. For more information, call Duane at 505-699-2491 or call the Brain Injury Association of NM Office at 505-292-7414.
• A survivors fund has been set up for the families of Gene Hern and Frank Romero. The following are the accounts: Children of Gene Hern, Wells Fargo account number 7040660958 and the widow of Frank Romero, Wells Fargo account number 7040660941.
• The city of Las Vegas employee union has set up memorial funds for Gene Hern and Frank Romero at the State Employees Credit Union. The Hern account number is 3001582700 and the Romero account is 3001582710.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service new hours of operation: Wednesday through Saturday from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. For service, call 429-0336.