Submit your calendar items and notices to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• $1,000 reward for information on arson at Rio Gallinas Charter School offered by the governing council of the school. The donated reward to Crime Stoppers seeks information that leads to the identity and conviction of the person(s) who committed arson at the school. If you have information about this crime, contact LVPD Commander Ken Jenkins at 426-3162 or Crime Stoppers at 425-8884.
• Interested in fostering or adopting a New Mexico child, call CYFD at 1-800-432-2075 for more information.
• Lions Club Glasses Collection Boxes are at the following locations. Banks: Southwest Capital, Community 1st, Douglas Ave and Legion Park; Wells Fargo; State Employees Credit Union. Opticians’ offices: Wal-Mart, Eye Associates, Mills Ave; Insight Optical, Highway 518. Also at Shoes ‘n Boots, Seventh Street. Used glasses are repaired then donated to charity groups serving those in need around the world.
• Casa de Samaritan Homeless shelter at 716 Grand Ave. is operating every night, providing meals, laundry and hot showers from 6 to 8:30 p.m. From November through March, the shelter is open for overnight stays. Their Thrift Store, at Seventh and Legion, offers vouchers for clothing, bedding, etc. Samaritan House offers a food pantry distribution every second and fifth Wednesday. Applications for rental services for those who may qualify are available. Call 454-1390.
• Fourth Judicial District Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers. The local CASA program is taking applications for volunteers. Call CASA at 454-0223 or visit the office to work with children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Children are in state custody and living in foster care.