Submit your calendar items and notices to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Brain Injury Support Group, meets at 1 p.m. first Thursday of the month at El Centro Medical Clinic, 1235 Eighth St. For more information, call Duane at 505-699-2491 or call the Brain Injury Association of NM Office at 505-292-7414.
• Grief Support Group meeting from 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. on Mondays at the Presbyterian Church. For more information, call Rosemary Pierson at 425-9299 or 425-7763.
• The Guidance and Counseling Program of New Mexico Highlands University is offering counseling services to the community this semester. Call 454-3564. The counseling is confidential, free and supervised by the training professor of the Guidance and Counseling Program. The sessions are offered on Thursdays between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.
• The Las Vegas Police Department is requesting assistance from business owners to update the department’s emergency contacts. They are requesting all local businesses to fill out an after hours contact form to better serve the community. Forms are available at the station and on the city’s website.
• The city of Las Vegas Utilities Department has re-opened its utility payment center at City Hall at 1700 North Grand Ave. The hours of service are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The center is for payments only.
• The Las Vegas unit of the American Red Cross helps individuals who have suffered a house fire plus engages in other emergency activities. Meetings are one Tuesday evening a month at 6 p.m. Those interested in becoming volunteers may contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224 or email@example.com.
• Fourth Judicial District Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers. The local CASA program is now taking applications for volunteers to work with children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Children are in state custody and living in foster care. Call 454-0223.