Submit your calendar items and notices to firstname.lastname@example.org
• David, Julian and Joey Martinez of Sheridan lost their home and all of their belongings recently to a structure fire. A donation account has been opened at the State Employees Credit Union for the family. They are also accepting donations of clothing and household items. Any assistance is greatly appreciated. For more information or to drop off donations, contact Jesus at 505-920-8659
• Free after-school programming will be offered by United World College faculty and students to Las Vegas youth. Aprender Jugando: From 3:30 to 4:45 p.m. Tuesdays at the Old Town Mission. Learn Spanish through games. Open to ages 5-12, for any Spanish level. Homework Help: From 4 to 5:30 p.m. every Wednesday at Travelers Café. UWC students can help with homework in any subject for any grade level. Las Vegas Children’s Chorus: From 4 to 5:30 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Town Mission. Ages 6-12. Gay Straight Alliance: From 3:30 to 5 p.m. Wednesdays at the Old Town Mission, 1413 Chavez St., next to lower campus of Rio Gallinas School. Open to teens who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, questioning or allies. It is a safe space for teens who have questions or need support. Contact Sharon Seto at email@example.com or 454-4206.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service operates from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Rides are provided in the Las Vegas area from liquor establishments to your home, for service call 429-0336.
• The Las Vegas Total Community Approach Program is available to help anyone with a drug and alcohol problem get the help and treatment they need. The program provides free drug and alcohol evaluations and help paying for treatment for anyone who qualifies. To schedule an appointment or for more information, call 454-8151.
• The Guidance and Counseling Program of New Mexico Highlands University is offering counseling services to the community this semester. Call 454-3564. The counseling is confidential, free and supervised by the training professor of the Guidance and Counseling Program. The sessions are offered on Thursdays between 3 p.m. and 5 p.m.