Submit your calendar items and notices to mlopez@ lasvegasoptic.com
• Comedor de San Pascual is an outreach soup kitchen of the Methodist Church that operates Tuesday evenings at the Senior Center. Volunteer time is from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Those interested in volunteering should contact Bonnie Bolton at 505-617-8471 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The Las Vegas unit of the American Red Cross helps individuals who have suffered a house fire plus engages in other emergency activities. Meetings are one Tuesday evening a month at 6 p.m. Those interested in becoming volunteers should contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224 or email@example.com.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service new hours of operation: Wednesday through Saturday from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. For service, call 429-0336.
• Brain Injury Support Group, meets at 1 p.m. first Thursday of the month at El Centro Medical Clinic, 1235 Eighth St. For more information, call Duane at 505-699-2491 or call the Brain Injury Association of NM Office at 505-292-7414.
• NHS Prom Closet is in need of donations of prom attire. Any lightly used attire can be donated to Robertson High School or West Las Vegas High School. For more information, call 505-617-5144.
• The Citizens Watershed Monitoring Team announced a new name that will emphasize its focus on the local area. The group’s new name is Hermit’s Peak Watershed Alliance. Lea Knutson, the group’s executive director, made the announcement. “Hermit’s Peak is instantly recognizable to everyone around here,” she noted, “so the new name will provide instant recognition that we are a local group. “At the same time,” she went on, “we wanted a name that didn’t seem to limit us to just one watershed like that of the Pecos or the Gallinas.”