Submit your calendar items and notices to email@example.com
• The Las Vegas Optic is updating its noticias. Organizations are asked to resubmit their submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org For questions, call 425-6796 ext. 239.
• The Las Vegas Police Department is requesting assistance from business owners to update the department’s emergency contacts. They are requesting all local businesses to fill out an afterhours contact form to better serve the community. Forms are available at the station and on the city’s website.
• The city of Las Vegas Utilities Department has re-opened its utility payment center at City Hall at 1700 North Grand Ave. The hours of service are from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. The center is for payments only.
• The Las Vegas unit of the American Red Cross helps individuals who have suffered a house fire plus engages in other emergency activities. Meetings are one Tuesday evening a month at 6 p.m. Those interested in becoming volunteers may contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224 or email@example.com.
• Fourth Judicial District Court Appointed Special Advocates needs volunteers. The local CASA program is now taking applications for volunteers to work with children who have been removed from their homes because of abuse and neglect. Children are in state custody and living in foster care. Contact Barbara or JoAnn at 454-0223 or visit CASA office at 1308 Grant St. at the Rodriguez Softball Complex, mornings only.