Submit your calendar items and notices to mlopez@ lasvegasoptic.com
• The Justin J. Roper Memorial Scholarship applications are available. The scholarship is open to West Las Vegas seniors. Applications are now available at the West Las Vegas High School counselor’s office. Application deadline is April 29.
• Comedor de San Pascual is an outreach soup kitchen of the Methodist Church that operates Tuesday evenings at the Senior Center. Volunteer time is from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. Those interested in volunteering should contact Bonnie Bolton at 505-617-8471 or email@example.com.
• The Las Vegas unit of the American Red Cross helps individuals who have suffered a house fire plus engages in other emergency activities. Meetings are one Tuesday evening a month at 6 p.m. Those interested in becoming volunteers should contact Connie Chavez at 425-6224 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• NHS Prom Closet is in need of donations of prom attire. Any lightly used attire can be donated to Robertson High School or West Las Vegas High School. For more information, call Esperanza Medina at 505-617-5144.
• The Las Vegas Women’s Club, a member of the General Federation of Women’s Clubs, was organized in 1912 by Mrs. W. J. Lucas. Members are in the process of compiling a club history to present at the GFWC NM State Convention to be held April 29-30 in Las Cruces. This event will celebrate the 100th anniversary of the federation of GFWC NM. Photos, news articles, memorabilia and any personal recollections about past members would be appreciated. For more information, contact Josephine Leger at 425-6368 or Dorothy T. Maestas at 454-0005.
• The San Miguel County DWI Safe-Ride-Home Service new hours of operation: Wednesday through Saturday from 8 p.m. to 2:30 a.m. For service, call 429-0336.
• Brain Injury Support Group, meets at 1 p.m. first Thursday of the month at El Centro Medical Clinic, 1235 Eighth St. For more information, call Duane at 505-699-2491 or call the Brain Injury Association of NM Office at 505-292-7414.