Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 5:34 pm (Updated: January 24, 5:51 pm)
A small trash can and paper towel dispenser fire caused the evacuation of Tony Serna Jr. Elementary on Tuesday morning.
Students and staff all evacuated safely as city of Las Vegas fire crews reported to the small fire that was confined to a boys bathroom on the southwest part of the building.
West Las Vegas Superintendent Gene Parson said an 8-year-old male student brought a lighter from home and lit a paper towel on fire in the bathroom. The boy’s name wasn’t released because of federal privacy laws.
If you subscribe to the newspaper, you receive FREE access to all the exclusive content of the web site! Simply register to receive uninterrupted access to our award-winning and in-depth local online content!
Renew Current or Past Subscription / Register for Online Subscription
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Las Vegas Optic, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
New Subscription/30 Day Free Trial Account
If you are new to the award winning Las Vegas Optic and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.
Create a limited access account. Register to participate in community forums, post on the community calendar, blog etc. This registration does not give you full access to read our award winning content, etc.
Las Vegas Optic | email@example.com | 505-425-6796 P.O. Box 2670, 614 Lincoln Street, Las Vegas, NM 87701 Office Hours are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday