A small trash can and paper towel dispenser fire caused the evacuation of Tony Serna Jr. Elementary on Tuesday morning.
Students and staff all evacuated safely as city of Las Vegas fire crews reported to the small fire that was confined to a boys bathroom on the southwest part of the building.
West Las Vegas Superintendent Gene Parson said an 8-year-old male student brought a lighter from home and lit a paper towel on fire in the bathroom. The boy’s name wasn’t released because of federal privacy laws.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Las Vegas Optic, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.
If you are new to the award winning Las Vegas Optic and wish to get a subscription or simply gain access to our online content then please enter your ZIP code below and continue to setup your account.