Friday, Aug. 28 — Two palomino colts belonging to Jack, Hermes of Hot Springs Blvd. were poisoned recently by arrow root weed which has been found growing in the pasture where the animals were kept. Dr. Walton Hawk, local veterinarian, warns the weed is extremely poisonous to stock, and suggests horse owners be alert to observe the plant.. The weed is a member of the milk-weed family and resembles it although not quite as tall. Stalks broken give forth a sticky, milky substance. Of of the Hermes’ colts died, the other is recovering.
If you currently subscribe or have subscribed in the past to the Las Vegas Optic, then simply find your account number on your mailing label and enter it below.
Click the question mark below to see where your account ID appears on your mailing label.