The Las Vegas City Council will consider hiring a new director for the local public housing authority. at its meeting Wednesday night.
The council’s agenda states that the recommended candidate is Robert Pacheco, but it doesn’t indicate what his experience is.
The position has been vacant since the summer when a council majority voted to let go the housing director and five other city directors.
City officials have taken a go-slow approach to filling the six vacant positions, saying the city is benefitting from the savings in a tight budget year.
Lori Gonzales, who has worked for the authority for some time, has been the interim housing director the last few months. She said she didn’t want the top position permanently.
The council will meet at 6 p.m. Wednesday in the lecture hall at Memorial Middle School. The meeting is open to the public.
• Water Trust Board grant to Las Vegas.
• Commendations to police officers.
• Robert Pacheco is recommended for director of the local housing authority.
• Approval of job description for grant writer, which will include lobbyist and researcher duties.
• Amendment to ambulance service contact.
• Consideration of budget adjustments.
• Disposal agreement with R.A. Simmons to continue daily operations of the solid waste department.